I’m Tom, and this is a hideaway for little lost bits of my mind. Or, bits that would have been lost had they not found their place here.
Not sure how one talks about themself without sounding like an asshole, so here are some plain facts. I’ve lived in: Pennsylvania; Dublin, Ireland; Washington, D.C.; and Kyiv, Ukraine. I’ve interviewed: Generationals, Max Frost, Nick Cannon, Noah Kahan, Phoebe Ryan, ROZES, Richard Fairbrass, San Holo, Sofi Tukker, The Hunts, and Wilderado. I enjoy various mountain sports, mediocre playing of instruments, and experimental vegetarian cooking—the details all of which should pour out in my posts.
If my mind’s rambling shakes you the right way, I’d love to be shaken right back. If the words here twist you, let’s spiral somewhere together. An endless mental somersault.
Here’s a list of work from elsewhere on the internet.
A lot of what we read dissipates, but not all. Here are some books and blogs that have left an impression.
- Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey
- Richard Stallman’s Blog
- Tim Urban’s Wait But Why
- Kevin Kelly’s The Technium
- How to Be Idle by Tom Hodgkinson
- Factfulness by Hans Rosling
- Clark MacLeod’s (克拉克) Kelake
- Oliver Reichenstein’s iA Inc. Blog
- Lost Mountain by Erik Reece
- The Invention of Nature by Andrea Wulf
And some not as strong but worth a mention.
- Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport
Cool shit worth sharing.